Monday, April 13, 2009

Going on 30

With my father it seem like it has been ages since we had a talk. The last time I talked to him was on my 29th birthday. At 12 am sharp, I got a message from him saying, ‘thirty years ago….’, I couldn’t help the formation of a lump in my throat. Next morning when I called up and heard his voice over the phone, I couldn’t help tears either. But I was seriously surprised at the same time too. ‘Thirty’?! How on the earth could he go wrong with that?

Well, even though I’ve been feeling thirty since I was 27. but ‘thirty’, there’s yet another year for that.

And as far as I can remember it has been like ages before I turned 27. Back then I always wanted to be a 27. but now that I am past all that, I dread the thought of being a ‘thirty’. No. Never. I just don’t want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my tiny little space on (or in?!) the internet. Please leave your comments here on what you thought about this blog or the posts. - swamy