Monday, April 13, 2009

Autumn. The beginnings.

As I was speaking I felt the drizzle on my face. And even before I could realize the drops hit me hard. I looked up surprised to find they were actually ice cubes. OMG! It was a hailstorm. It was raining ice cubes in my back yard. That was my first experience, and later that night it quietly snowed. I woke up to find it was all covered with snow. As if someone had strewn white sand all around.

It was the first snow of the season. And it was only the beginning of winter.

That morning at work we had a consignment to be delivered at South Hampton. Bits of snow rolled off the cars before us, as we sped away at a speed above 80 mph along the motorway. It seemed strange. Since the displays along the motorway had a blinking circle around it and the screens warned ‘go slow’ due to ‘low visibility’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my tiny little space on (or in?!) the internet. Please leave your comments here on what you thought about this blog or the posts. - swamy