Friday, June 22, 2007

My guardian angel

Amma, are you listening…? You understood anything I said…?’
‘Off course monu, I’m listening…Go on… And then…?’‘Well, then… Tell me where was I?’
'Monu, go on… Its good to hear you talk…’

With an amazing consistency, this was how she responded every time I sat down to have a serious discussion (or, were they just monologues, since I was only one who spoke during our ‘conversations’) with her…
I was 15 then. And two years later, she died.
Surprisingly, I never really missed her much all these years… May be the longing echo that brought me the kind word, had something to do with it… Or, may be it didn't ...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....something is there...what is it...I dont know and where is it...I dont know...I just know its there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my tiny little space on (or in?!) the internet. Please leave your comments here on what you thought about this blog or the posts. - swamy