Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Apocalypse ... Now??

Since quite long I’ve been wondering about what exactly ‘Apocalypse’ means. But being very lazy, just to check the dictionary, I let it go…

Recently a friend of mine explained me what it means… Apocalypse: a prophetic revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil. Or, any revelation or prophecy. Or, any universal or widespread destruction or disaster: the apocalypse of nuclear war.

But point isn’t its dictionary meaning. He taught me a history behind the concept ‘Apocalypse’, which would have never occurred to me had I tried the other way…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my tiny little space on (or in?!) the internet. Please leave your comments here on what you thought about this blog or the posts. - swamy